Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Competition: Hairstyles that Rock

Ah, festivals. A tightrope walk between looking cool, staying low maintenance and hoping it doesn't rain. House of Fraser are running a wonderful competition encouraging people to share their festival hairstyles and so here's a quick blog on the subject.

Last weekend I went to Tramlines. An inner city festival with musical acts spread out in venues from one side of Sheffield to the other. Living close by, I was able to travel by tram and sleep in my own bed at night, which obviously allowed for a more adventurous hairstyle!

Here's my asymmetric version of 1940s Victory Rolls.


To get this style nice and smooth I'd need to take the Aveda Wooden Hair Paddle Brush with me and the Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray to keep it all in place! It's not as difficult as it looks and with a few bobby pins and lots of the Aveda spray, it's pretty locked in place!

Of course, if I was staying over night at a festival I'd have to be a little more sensible. It's lucky for me that I like 60s Folk music!


You can enter House of Fraser's competition at: http://blog.houseoffraser.co.uk/beauty/competition-hairstyles-that-rock/





No comments:

Post a Comment